01/06/2015 - 30/09/2015
Area: Savinja Alps, Slovenia
Ascent on the Ojstrica is great 1 day tour. Ojstrica – 2350 m you can see from your hotel and mean sharp peak. Slovenian highest mountain dominate on ladscape of the Julian Alps.
Altitude gain: 1,350 m
The tour starts at the highland pastures of Podvolovljek. In an hour and a half we reach the Korošica mountain hut, from where we ascent to the summit of Ojstrica (2350 m, 2 h), which dominates over the eastern part of the Savinjske Alps. We descend to Škarje and further down to the Korošica and Podvolovjek.
- Podvolovljek - Korošica (1.5 hr)
- Korošica - Ojstrica sumit (2350 m) 2 hr
- Descent: 1 hour to Korošica and 1.5 hour to Podvolovljek
- Number of people: up to 6
eur 60 /client (6 clients/mountain guide)
eur 72 /client (5 clients/mountain guide)
eur 90 /client (4 clients/mountain guide)
eur 120 /client (3 clients/mountain guide)
eur 180 /client (2 clients/mountain guide)
eur 360 /client (1 clients/mountain guide)
The price includes:
Not included in the price:
lunch, dinner and extra meals
soft drinks, beers, etc.
Climbing equipment and via ferrata kit are individually bookable
Equipment (rental can be arranged)
The basic equipment
- Sun glasses
- Sun cream and lipstick
- Water bottle or thermo bottle
- Headlamp with spare battery
- Hiking socks
- Pocket knife
- ID and Alpine Club membership
- Silk sleeping bag
- Band aid
- Backpack 30-40 l
- A Suitable all weather pants
- A Suitable all weather jacket
- Warm and comfotable functional clothing
- Thermal underwear short/long
- Spare underwear
- Hiking socks
- Sun cap
Technical equipment for via ferrata
- Trekking or mountaineering boots
- Via ferrata belay
- Via ferrata gloves
- Climbing helmet
What happens after you book:
- We will contact you and discuss the route, equipment and any special needs of your group.
- We will tailor via ferrata plan to fitness level of your group.
- We will send you our standard contract and payment instructions (credit card, PayPal, cheques, wire transfer).
- On application or 6 weeks before the agreed date, you have to pay deposit of Euro 300 or the full amount.
- 4 week befor the agreed tour you have to pay the full amount.
- If you cancel a booking, we will applay the following charges
- 30 - 21 days prior to departure 50% of trip price
- 20 - 10 days prior to departure 75% of trip price
- 9 - 0 days prior to departure 100% of trip price
- 1 day before the agreed date, we will let you know about weather conditions and how to prepare for the travel to destination.
For any questions,
contact your guide Danilo Tič directly:
at +386 31 506 931 or
Expertise - Safety
Our courses, trekkings and expeditions have been tried, tested, altered and perfected over decades. We, IFMGA mountain guides, have gained experience in the Alps, Yosemite, on expeditions in the Andes, the Himalayas and the Karakorum. Our knowledge and experience have been transferred to all spheres of our organization, from the first call to safe return home.
We are focusing on smaller groups of clients as we provide higher level of individual assistance. A very important part of our activity is to advise our clients on how to get a proper fitness condition and how to choose correct quality equipment for their safety. By doing so, we ensure the highest possible safety and comfort for our clients.
We put a lot of attention to making reliable relationships with local partners (Sherpas, porters) and we treat them as members of our Alpguide family. We always asses risks and follow safety procedures that ensure safety of our clients, partners and guides.