- 05/01/2019 - 12/01/2019
- 9/03/2019 - 16/03/2019
Area: Julian Alps
(see grading of tours and self assess your level)
Weekly packages include:
- 6 days of mountaineering and alpine climbing accompanied by a UIAGM/IFMGA mountain guide (choice of tours depends on the conditions and the weather forecast)
- training in the skills required for winter mountaineering (snow tests, walking and climbing with crampons and ice axes on snow and ice of various steepness)
- learning about various clothing systems for winter mountaineering
- climbing Triglav
If you are exploring the Alps and want to experience pristine nature, you must visit the Southern Alps of Slovenia! Our mountaineering and alpine climbing packages provide great winter mountaineering, alpine climbing and ice climbing.
Why go mountaineering and alpine climbing in the Southern Alps of Slovenia with the Alpguides?
- To enjoy stunning views amidst the idyllic environment of the Slovenian Alps.
- To enjoy excellent snow and ice conditions throughout the season.
- To avoid stressful situations and learn how to survive in winter conditions.
- To discover the freedom of forgotten valleys hiding countless beautiful icefalls.
- To be completely safe in the company of a professional UIAGM/IFMGA mountain guide with extensive experience.
- Viševnik (attractive, relatively easy ski tour above Pokljuka)
- Nad Šitom Glava (nice, easily accessible mountain above the Vršič pass)
- Mojstrovka (recommended peak above the Vršič pass, often visited in winter)
- Triglav (2864 m, Slovenia’s highest summit)
- Tamar (numerous beautiful icefalls of all difficulties)
(min. 4 clients/mountain guide)
The price includes:
Not included in the price:
lunch, dinner and extra meals
soft drinks, beers, etc.
coaching how to improve your fitness for 2 weeks before the course
Equipment (rental can be arranged)
- ice axe
- ski poles
- climbing harness
What happens after you book:
- We will contact you and discuss the route, equipment and any special needs of your group.
- We will tailor trip plan to fitness level of your group.
- We will send you our standard contract and payment instructions (credit card, PayPal, cheques, wire transfer).
- 2 months before the agreed date, we will let you know how to prepare for the track.
- 2 weeks before the agreed date, we will let you know about weather conditions and how to prepare for the travel to destination.
For any questions,
contact your guide Danilo Tič directly:
at +386 31 506 931 or
Expertise - Safety
Our courses, trekkings and expeditions have been tried, tested, altered and perfected over decades. We, IFMGA mountain guides, have gained experience in the Alps, Yosemite, on expeditions in the Andes, the Himalayas and the Karakorum. Our knowledge and experience have been transferred to all spheres of our organization, from the first call to safe return home.
We are focusing on smaller groups of clients as we provide higher level of individual assistance. A very important part of our activity is to advise our clients on how to get a proper fitness condition and how to choose correct quality equipment for their safety. By doing so, we ensure the highest possible safety and comfort for our clients.
We put a lot of attention to making reliable relationships with local partners (Sherpas, porters) and we treat them as members of our Alpguide family. We always asses risks and follow safety procedures that ensure safety of our clients, partners and guides.