- 27/01/2018 - 03/02/2018
- 24/02/2018 - 03/03/2018
- 03/03/2018 - 10/03/2018
Area: Julian Alps, Karavanke
(see grading of tours and self assess your level)
Weekly packages include:
- 6 days of ski touring accompanied by a UIAGM/IFMGA mountain guide (choice of tours depends on the snow conditions and the weather forecast)
- training in the skills required for ski touring (snow stability tests, skiing techniques for demanding terrain and different types of snow, abseiling)
Discover and experience the Alps as you’ve never seen them before.
If you are bored of ski resorts and want to experience pristine nature and untracked snow, you will love the ski touring potential of the Southern Alps of Slovenia, Austria and Italy! The Southern Alps ski touring packages provide great ski touring, off-piste skiing and mountaineering.
Why go skiing & mountaineering in the Southern Alps with the Alpguides?
- To experience the stunning views amidst the idyllic environment of the Julian Alps, Kamnik-Savinja Alps, Karavanke, and Hohe Tauern.
- To enjoy excellent snow conditions throughout the season.
- To avoid stressful situations at crowded ski-lifts.
- To discover the freedom of skiing untracked powder amongst beautiful peaks and forgotten valleys.
- To be completely safe while skiing in the company of a professional UIAGM/IFMGA mountain guide with extensive experience.
- Viševnik (attractive, relatively easy ski tour above Pokljuka)
- Rodica (lift-accessed tour near Vogel with great views of Slovenia’s highest mountain)
- Nad Šitom Glava (good, easily accessible skiing near the Vršič pass)
- Pod Kriško steno (ski tour near Kranjska gora where the conditions are often great)
- Škrbina nad Cijanerico, Italy (beautiful ski touring area near Sella Nevea)
- Dobratsch, Austria (moderate slopes which can often be skied immediately after snowfall)
min. 4 clients/mountain guide
The price includes:
Not included in the price:
lunch, dinner and extra meals
soft drinks, beers, etc.
Equipment (rental can be arranged)
- ice axe
- ski poles
- ski boots
What happens after you book:
- We will contact you and discuss the route, equipment and any special needs of your group.
- We will tailor trip plan to fitness level of your group.
- We will send you our standard contract and payment instructions (credit card, PayPal, cheques, wire transfer).
- 2 months before the agreed date, we will let you know how to prepare for the track.
- 2 weeks before the agreed date, we will let you know about weather conditions and how to prepare for the travel to destination.
For any questions,
contact your guide Danilo Tič directly:
at +386 31 506 931 or
Expertise - Safety
Our courses, trekkings and expeditions have been tried, tested, altered and perfected over decades. We, IFMGA mountain guides, have gained experience in the Alps, Yosemite, on expeditions in the Andes, the Himalayas and the Karakorum. Our knowledge and experience have been transferred to all spheres of our organization, from the first call to safe return home.
We are focusing on smaller groups of clients as we provide higher level of individual assistance. A very important part of our activity is to advise our clients on how to get a proper fitness condition and how to choose correct quality equipment for their safety. By doing so, we ensure the highest possible safety and comfort for our clients.
We put a lot of attention to making reliable relationships with local partners (Sherpas, porters) and we treat them as members of our Alpguide family. We always asses risks and follow safety procedures that ensure safety of our clients, partners and guides.